(1) The warehouse should be selected according to the geographical conditions. Generally, an ordinary closed warehouse is used, that is, a warehouse with a roof, a wall, tight doors and windows, and a ventilation device;
(2) Do not stack together with acid, alkali, salt, cement, and other materials that are corrosive to steel in the warehouse. Different types of steel should be stacked separately to prevent confusion and prevent contact corrosion;
(3) Large steel sections, rails, steel plates, large-diameter steel pipes, forgings, etc. can be stacked in the open air;
(4) Some small steel products, thin steel plates, steel strips, silicon steel sheets, small-diameter or thin-wall steel pipes, various cold-rolled and cold-drawn steel products, and high-priced and corrosive metal products can be stored in the warehouse;
(5) Small and medium-sized steel bars, wire rods, steel bars, medium-caliber steel pipes, steel wires, and steel wire ropes can be stored in a well-ventilated material shed, but they need to be covered with thatch;
(6) The warehouse is required to pay attention to ventilation on sunny days, pay attention to closing and preventing moisture on rainy days, and always maintain a suitable storage environment;
(7) The site or warehouse for steel storage should be selected in a clean and well-drained place, away from factories and mines that produce harmful gases or dust. Weeds and all debris should be cleaned up on the site to keep the steel clean;
Large-diameter steel pipes should be protected from rain or impurities before they are put into storage. Materials that have been rained or stained should be cleaned according to their properties. For example, steel wire brushes can be used for high hardness, and cloth, cotton, etc. Check frequently after storage. If there is rust, the rust layer should be cleaned. Generally, after the surface of the steel pipe is cleaned, it is not necessary to apply oil, but for high-quality steel, alloy thin steel plate, thin-walled pipe, alloy steel pipe, etc., the inner and outer surfaces must be coated with anti-rust oil before storage after de-rusting.
When quenching and tempering the hardness of large-diameter steel pipes, it is necessary to consider the characteristics of production. For products produced in small batches, different hardnesses can be selected for different large-diameter steel pipes. Factories that produce large-scale products hope that most of the large-diameter steel pipes have the same hardness range or It is fixed in several hardness ranges, which is very convenient for tissue heat treatment production. From the perspective of the use of large-diameter steel pipes, when determining the hardness of quenched and tempered parts, attention should be paid to the working conditions of large-diameter steel pipes and the shape of the parts. Generally speaking, the higher the hardness value, the higher the tensile strength, yield strength, and fatigue strength of smooth samples, but the plasticity index decreases, and the brittle failure tendency and sensitivity to stress concentration increase. Therefore, when there is a stress concentration on the large-diameter steel pipe When the notch (spline, groove, or section changes greatly), to make the stress distribution uniform and reduce the stress concentration phenomenon, at this time, the lower hardness can obtain the large-diameter steel pipe with higher fatigue performance.