1. Different power sources: the same energy is required, but the power sources of crude oil pipelines and natural gas pipelines are different. The power source of the crude oil pipeline is a centrifugal pump, and the power source of the natural gas pipeline is the compressor.
2. Different temperature requirements: For the same transportation, the crude oil pipeline and the natural gas pipeline have different temperature requirements, one needs to be heated and the other needs to be cooled. The freezing point of domestic crude oil transported by crude oil pipelines is generally higher, and the lower the temperature of natural gas pipelines, the more conducive to transportation.
3. Different flow rate requirements: The same is the flow, but the convection speed requirements of the crude oil pipeline and the natural gas pipeline are different, one is faster and the other is slower. Crude oil pipelines will set the transmission volume, and natural gas pipelines do not have problems related to low transmission volume.
Fourth, the pressure drop laws are different: due to the existence of frictional resistance, there is energy loss in the process of oil and gas pipeline transportation, and the pressure will decrease with the increase of transportation distance. The pressure drop of crude oil pipelines is relatively uniform, while the pressure drop of natural gas pipelines is generally slow first and then fast.
5. Different forms of distribution: crude oil pipelines and natural gas pipelines have similar resources, but downstream users are quite different. One is wholesale and the other is retail. Crude oil pipelines transport crude oil from oil fields to refineries, and natural gas pipelines can be distributed anywhere along the pipeline.
6. Different compatibility: After the completion of crude oil pipeline and natural gas pipeline, the compatibility with other resources is different, one is picky and the other is inclusive. Crude oil pipelines are tailored according to the physical properties of oil products, and natural gas pipelines have strong compatibility with different resources.
7. Different stability: Crude oil pipelines and natural gas pipelines have different transportation stability, one is stable and the other fluctuates. The upstream of the crude oil pipeline is the oil field, and the downstream is the refinery, which is not affected by the season. The corresponding gas source of natural gas pipelines is relatively stable, while the downstream market demand changes greatly.
8. Different environmental impacts: In the process of pipeline construction, it is inevitable to pass through various environmentally sensitive areas, but crude oil pipelines and natural gas pipelines have different environmental impacts, one is serious and the other is mild. Once the crude oil pipeline leaks, it will pollute the environment in the lightest case, and cause a fire in the heavy case, with very serious consequences. Even if there is a leakage accident in the natural gas pipeline, the valve chambers at both ends of the leakage point will be automatically shut off, and the gas stored in this section of the pipeline will be quickly emptied, which has relatively little impact on the surrounding environment.