Square steel pipes and rectangular steel pipes are the parts of the steel hollow section. These steel pipes with equal and unequal side lengths. It is rolled from strip steel after process treatment. Generally, strip steel is unpacked, leveled, curled, welded to form a round tube, rolled into a square tube, and then cut to the required length.
What's the difference between the square steel pipe and rectangular steel pipe?
1. The cross-section is different: the cross-section of the square steel pipe is square; the cross-section of the rectangular steel pipe is rectangular.
2. Different usage:
The square steel pipes usage: construction, machinery manufacturing, steel construction projects, shipbuilding, solar power brackets, steel structure engineering, power engineering, power plants, agricultural and chemical machinery, glass curtain walls, automotive chassis, airports, boiler construction, highway railings, building construction, pressure vessels, oil storage tanks, bridges, power station equipment, and so on.
The rectangular steel pipes usage: a large number of pipes used to transport fluids, such as petroleum, natural gas, water, gas, steam, etc. In addition, when the bending and torsional strength are the same, the weight is light, so it is also widely used in the manufacture of mechanical parts. And engineering structure. Also used to produce a variety of conventional weapons, barrels, shells, and so on.
3. The scope of coverage is different: the square steel pipe is a kind of rectangular steel pipe, included in the rectangular steel pipe.
How to choose the right square steel pipe or rectangular steel pipe that you need?
1. Material selection: The common materials of rectangular tubes are steel, aluminum, and stainless steel. According to the specific application environment and requirements, select the corresponding material. Steel has the characteristics of high strength, wear resistance, and corrosion resistance, and is suitable for places with high load-bearing requirements. Aluminum has the characteristics of lightness, easy processing, and oxidation resistance, and is suitable for places with lighter requirements. Stainless steel has the characteristics of high-temperature resistance and corrosion resistance and is suitable for special environments.
2. Size selection: Choose the right size according to your specific needs. The size of the square rectangular tube is usually determined by two parameters width and height. Common specifications are 25x25mm, 50x50mm, 100x100mm, etc. The space constraints of the place of use and the load-bearing requirements of specific applications need to be considered.
3. Thickness selection: The thickness of the square tube determines its load-bearing capacity and bending resistance. The larger the thickness, the higher the strength, and it is suitable for places with higher load-bearing requirements. Common thicknesses are 1.5mm, 2.0mm, 3.0mm, etc., which can be selected according to specific needs.
4. Surface treatment: Rectangular pipes are usually surface-treated to increase their ability to resist rust and corrosion. Common surface treatment methods include hot-dip galvanizing and spraying. According to the specific environment and requirements, choose the appropriate surface treatment method.
5. Quality certification: When purchasing, make sure that the square tube meets the relevant standards and quality certification requirements to ensure its reliable quality.
6. Price comparison: While considering the above factors, it is also necessary to compare the prices of square and rectangular tubes from different suppliers or brands, and consider the final purchase in combination with the cost performance.