The specification of the connection method of galvanized steel pipe depends on the type of connection method. Generally, there are several types, such as flange connection, clamp groove connection, and welding. In the actual connection of galvanized steel pipes, welding is the most commonly used connection form. Although welding takes a long time, the quality is the best among the three methods; and the clamp groove connection is more convenient. After the two steel pipes have been processed, the grooves match a pair, and then use the clamp Reinforce the hook connection point; the flange connection is to fix two steel pipes on a flange respectively, and then fix the two flanges, and the two steel pipes are passively connected.
The following are the specific prevention phenomena and measures that should be taken in the specification of the connection mode of galvanized steel pipes.
In case of improper connection
1. Leakage, water leakage, and moisture return at the nozzle;
2. There is no re-galvanizing at the welding place between the galvanized pipe and the flange
Countermeasures against inappropriate connections
1. In the selection of pipes, high-quality ones should be selected; the connection method is finally determined through the requirements of design specifications and the size of pipe fittings. The construction should be strictly carried out according to the standard steps and processes of various connection methods.
2. When the DN is not greater than 100mm, the galvanized steel pipe should be connected by a threaded connection.
3. Before the galvanized pipe is connected, screw the galvanized pipe by hand to check its tightness, and reserve enough margin to tighten the pipe fittings.
4. Wrap the packing in a clockwise direction, and the winding should be even.
5. When the DN is greater than 100mm, the galvanized steel pipe can be connected by welding flange.
6. After welding the flange, it needs to be galvanized twice. If you are not particularly sure about the blanking size of the relevant parts, you can pre-assemble first, and then perform secondary galvanizing if there is no problem.
7. When two flanges are connected, they should be in parallel and not forcefully connected non-parallel flanges.
8. The gasket should be placed between the two connected flanges. Its material and thickness should meet the specification requirements of design and construction. The gasket should be made into a shape with a handle before installation. into the flange. In addition, its edge should be as close to the bolt hole as possible, do not install two gaskets, or the gasket is installed off-center.
9. For flanged bolts, the length and diameter must meet the standards. In terms of direction, the installation must be consistent, that is to say, the nuts must be on the same side.
10. After the galvanized pipe is installed, a hydraulic test should be carried out, mainly to check whether there will be leakage at each connection. If this happens, you should make a mark and wait for the repair to be tested again until the test results are completely qualified.