The connection method specification of galvanized steel pipe depends on the type of connection method. Generally, there are several types, such as flange connection, clamp groove connection, and welding. In the actual connection of galvanized steel pipes, welding is the most commonly used connection form. Although the welding takes a long time, the quality of the three methods is yes; and the clamp groove connection is more convenient. After the two steel pipes have been processed, the grooves are matched to one pair, and then the clamp is used. The hook connection point is reinforced; the flange connection is to fix the two steel pipes on a flange and then fix the two flanges, and the two steel pipes are passively connected.
The following are the specific prevention and control phenomena and the measures that should be taken in the specification of the connection method of galvanized steel pipes.
1. Leakage, water leakage, and damp return appear at the nozzle;
2. No re-galvanizing is performed at the weld of the galvanized pipe and the flange
Countermeasures against improper connections
1. In the selection of pipes, high-quality ones should be selected; the connection method is finally determined by the design specification requirements and the size of the pipe fittings. It should be strictly constructed and carried out according to the standard procedures and processes of various connection methods.
2. When the DN is not greater than 100 mm, the galvanized steel pipe should be connected by a threaded connection.
3. Before connecting the galvanized pipe, screw the galvanized pipe by hand to check its tightness and keep enough allowance to tighten the pipe fittings.
4. Wind the filler in a clockwise direction, and the winding should be uniform.
5. When the DN is greater than 100 mm, the galvanized steel pipe can be connected by a welding flange.
6. After welding the flange, it is necessary to carry out secondary galvanizing. If you are not particularly sure about the blanking size of the relevant parts, you can pre-assemble it first, and then carry out secondary galvanizing if there is no problem.
7. When two flanges are connected, they should be in parallel and do not forcibly connect non-parallel flanges.
8. The gasket should be placed between the two connected flanges, and its material and thickness should meet the requirements of design or construction or all aspects of the specification. into the flange. In addition, the edge should be as close to the bolt hole as possible, do not install two gaskets or the gasket is installed off-track.
9. The length and diameter of bolts for flange mounting connections must meet the standards. In the direction, the installation must be consistent, that is to say, the nuts must be on the same side.
10. After the installation of the galvanized pipe, the hydraulic test should be carried out, mainly to check whether there will be leakage at each connection. If this happens, you should make a mark and wait for the repair to complete the test again until the test result is completely qualified.